Fauquier County is seeking a motivated, team leader and player to join the Finance department, Procurement Division as the Procurement Manager. We are looking for a seasoned and knowledgeable individual with experience working in local government, to lead a team of six professionals in providing procurement services and contract management for various commodities and services. Our procurement team works professionally and efficiently to meet the procurement needs of both Fauquier County and Fauquier County Public Schools.
Desired candidate will have:
- 5+ years in procurement and strong background and experience in the methods of procurements (including IFB, RFP, sole source, and emergency purchases), and state and federal laws and guidelines for procurement.
- Knowledge and experience procuring a variety of commodities (including services for complex construction projects) and in contract creation, review, modification, and monitoring.
- Strong communication skills (oral presentation and technical writing) and experience in creating and updating, and communicating procurement issues, policy and procedures.
- Supervisory experience and leadership of a team to include managing team outcomes and workload.
- A professional approach to providing customer service, meeting customer needs, and resolving problems.
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and be engaged with issues surrounding and affecting local government and School division procurement.
- Willingness to be innovative and bring fresh eyes and experiences to examining processes for change adaptation, and improvement.
- Certifications, to include Virginia Contracting Officer (VCO), Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), and/or have obtained any other nationally recognized procurement certification(s).
Follow us: Facebook: @FCHDR Instagram & Twitter: @Fauquierjobs