Warrenton, VA (January 8, 2020)
– Due to high levels of respiratory viruses in the community, Fauquier Health is implementing seasonal influenza precautions. Visitation restrictions will be in place during peak flu season, which generally lasts through the first of April. Fauquier Health recommends the following individuals limit visitation to the hospital during peak flu season, unless presenting the need for care:
- Children under 13 years of age,
- Pregnant women, and
- People with chronic lung diseases.
In order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of its patients and to help prevent the spread of infection, Fauquier Health also asks the community to:
- Please limit the number of visitors to three (3) per patient.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough or runny nose, please do not visit.
- Remember to wash your hands before entering and exiting a patient’s room and after leaving the hospital.
- If you are in the hospital for tests or procedures and have a flu-like illness (fever over 100 degrees with cough or sore throat), please ask for a mask.
The best ways to protect against the flu are to:
- Get vaccinated. It is not too late to get a vaccination.
- Practice good health habits. Avoid close contact with others; stay home when sick; practice good hand hygiene; cover your nose and mouth with a tissue; and avoid touching your eyes or mouth.
- If prescribed by a physician, take flu antiviral drugs.
Fauquier Health is committed to protecting its patients, employees and volunteers, and limiting the further spread of influenza in our community. To receive regular visitation restriction updates, please visit our website at FauquierHealth.org
or our Facebook at Facebook.com/FauquierHealth
. For more information about the flu and effective prevention methods, visit http://www.cdc.gov/flu/
You can view this press release on our website as well as simple ways in which you can protect yourself.
About Fauquier Health
Fauquier Health is a community health system dedicated to high-quality, patient-centered care in a unique environment that considers the multiple facets of healing and respects the individuality of each and every patient. Located at 500 Hospital Drive in Warrenton, Virginia, Fauquier Health serves the residents of Fauquier and several surrounding counties. It comprises: Fauquier Hospital, a fully-accredited, 97-bed hospital; Fauquier Health Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, a 113-bed long-term care and rehabilitation facility; the Villa at Suffield Meadows, an assisted living facility; the Wound Health Center and a medically supervised Wellness Center offering health and wellness programs. Fauquier Health also operates nine physician’s offices, including primary care and specialties. More information on Fauquier Health is available online at FauquierHealth.org
or by calling 540.316.5000.