MISSION STATEMENTIn an endeavor to facilitate the best interests of the Fauquier Chamber of Commerce (FCC) and the community, we pledge to conduct business in an honorable manner and bring good credit to our respective professions.
WHAT IS LEADSHARE?
Formed to augment business, the Fauquier Leadshare Group is an active and structured system for furnishing and receiving business referrals.
It's well known that networking is one of the best ways to make the contacts in business to increase profitability. A very personal form of advertising, it is one of the most cost effective ways to build sales. It takes an enthusiastic commitment of time and interest, but Leadsharing is the cutting edge approach to networking. The Fauquier Leadshare Group is designed to assist the participants in expanding their business network. The theory behind Leadshare is simple, but it works. The group meets on a regular, predetermined basis (once a week is preferable) to become acquainted with each other's businesses and learn what kind of client each is seeking. Leads provided during meetings include referrals of prospective clients, names of major representatives, or information on organizations which may generate additional leads or networking opportunities.
There can be only one representative from each business area in a group. You get to know other member's businesses and all members of the group carry each other's business cards. When a fellow member meets someone who could use your product or service they can personally recommend your business because they know you and your integrity. It is similar to having a team of sales personnel working for you.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact any of the officers listed below or click here to access the Leadshare Application form.
2022 Thursday Leadshare Officers & Information
GUIDELINES, DUES & APPLICATION
- Applicants must be members of the Fauquier Chamber of Commerce to become members of any Leadshare.
- A member may be a corporation, partnership, or an individual, and in business full time.
- Members must be committed to learning about the businesses of other members so that they will be able to confidently make referrals.
- Members must attend regularly scheduled meetings or send a colleague who can represent the business to the group. Only one representative from each company may present at Leadshare, although more than one can attend. A member is allowed 10 absences in a year, the 11th absence will prompt a review.
- Members must attempt to generate at least two qualified leads per month.
- Prospective members may attend two Leadshare meetings as a visitor. Chamber membership is not required for visitors, but they are not to pass out their cards nor solicit members, unless asked to do so. That is a privilege of membership.
- Potential business classification conflicts must be presented to the other business prior to group approval.
- Only one business category is permitted to join the Leadshare group. If there is a conflict because one company fills many niches, those 2 companies must work out and agree upon what area of their business they will specifically represent.
CODE OF ETHICSUpon acceptance to Fauquier Leadshare, members agree to abide by the following Code of Ethics and Standards:
- Provide the quality of services at the prices quoted
- Endeavor to provide the agreed upon number of referrals and leads
- Follow up on the leads received
- Work to build goodwill and trust with/among fellow members and their referrals
- Share professional knowledge and promote networking through fellowship
- Recommend potential Leadshare group candidates
MEMBERSHIPS MAY BE REVOKED ON A MAJORITY VOTE OF THE GROUP FOR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH LEADSHARE POLICIES.Fees
- Checks or cash only, not pro-rated
- Initial New Member Fee of $10.00
- Annual fee of $65.00
- Guests permitted to visit 2 times at no charge
- No refunds (unless business replaced with like kind, then pro-rated refund)
- Weekly meetings (exceptions: week of New Year’s, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- 10 absences permitted during membership year
- Annual renewal is subject to evaluation based on Attendance, Timeliness and Referrals
- Must be primary occupation
- No overlapping occupations or niches
- Acceptance or declination done written/verbal within one week
- Nondiscrimination statement: Review of application based on occupation without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age or handicap.
- Develop a brief (under 60 seconds) description of your business.
- Keep a supply of business cards or contact info available for your fellow Leadshare members. You never know when the opportunity will arise to hand them out.
- Be a good listener. Talking less will provide clues to potential prospects for you and fellow Leadshare members.
- Success and prosperity begin with generous referrals. Take advantage of every opportunity to support colleagues. It will pay off in returned referrals and support.
- Deliver the best possible products and service to network referrals. Good service brings more referrals and more business.
LEADSHARE HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
All Leadshare Groups do not meet on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day