Business Projects Underway
We have all seen projects underway around the county but we don't always know what the project is. In collaboration with local governmental agencies, we are pleased to offer the information below. We must state however that this information is simply a pass through therefore we can not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided. This information will be updated monthly.+
Want to know what's going on around the country regarding business growth? Click here to find out.
The County site contains information specific to all towns with the exception of Warrenton.
The County uses an online platform to house project information which is accessible by clicking the Fauquier Land Development Online Portal button below. This provides access to view Rezoning, Special Exception, and Special Permit applications from 2014 to the present.
For assistance using the Fauquier County Land Development Online Portal, click here.
Warrenton Town Limits
September 2023 Update
- Amazon Data Center –The data center site plan’s 2nd submission is currently under review with comments due in early October.
- Valvoline – Valvoline is approved and ready to start construction. It will be located next to O'Reilly's
- Warrenton Village Center – Mixed-Use proposal under SUP review. Still waiting for 2nd submission.
- Oak View National Bank – Site plan is under review with first submission comments having gone out last Friday. This is the new building at the intersection of Waterloo Street and Garrett Street.
- Michael’s – Michael’s is under interior demolition and getting ready to begin work on the façade of their space. Last heard opening slated for April 2024. Michael’s is taking over the large space to the left of Ulta/Five Below – where the Kid’s Haven used to be located.
- Arts Commission – The Town of Warrenton is in the process of putting together an Arts Commission to identify places where murals can be placed throughout Town. We’ve had a good response from local citizens and art teachers who would like to get involved. The hope is to create an environment to attract visitors to the Town. More to come.
Solar Farms & Data Centers
Alameda Solar Project
On Thursday July 27th, The Chamber hosted an event discussing the Alameda Solar Farm Project.
Two experts shared the community benefits of utility-scale solar and dual-use of land for agriculture and solar power production. Dual-use for solar and ag presents a unique opportunity for local ag businesses to thrive on the same land that produces electricity and significant county tax revenue.
The discussion included a case study of a project that has been proposed in the southern part of Fauquier County, which has committed to an on-site sheep grazing operation, to be owned and operated by a local farmer, as the primary means of vegetation control throughout the roughly 450-acre site. The discussion will also cover how utility-scale solar development can be done in a way that is in conformity with the county's Rural Land Use Plan, local workforce development for construction and operations of solar facilities, preserving soil quality, and environmental matters such as reforestation of floodplains, avoidance of wetlands, and the creation of pollinator habitats.